Monday, February 15, 2010

Would you like to stand out from the crowd?

I just read this article from Wendy Maynard's Marketing Maven. She talks about selling yourself and how not to feel icky about it. I'm in a business where I sell my chick graphics to people who want them as part of their brand...to make it easier for them to sell themselves. The chick graphics are eye-catching and stand out. On a business card, they are memorable in a good way - which is sometimes hard to get with a real photo. (Think outdated photo, unphotogenic photo, or the glamour photo...)

Wendy says, "Make a very specific offer. Don’t be vague. Be very precise in your offer so that people understand. Don’t ask your prospects, “Would you like some food?” when you can say, “Would you like a huge, ripe, mouth-watering, strawberry covered with Ghirardelli dark chocolate right now?” I took that tip and applied it to my own marketing. Here's what I came up with - "Would you like a profile picture of yourself for Facebook/blog/website that isn't an outdated photo of yourself that you don't really love?"


How can you apply the tip "Make a very specific offer." to your marketing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments! thank you!

LinkWithin